- Slide an element like a text box or menu onto the page with an animation.
- Update your cart total cost in an eCommerce store without reloading the page.
- Provide an analogue clock which visually ticks on a web page.
- Validate information in web forms before they get submitted. For example, you could check that a completed email address field really is an email address.
- Bootstrap framework for front end development.
- AngularJS for building one page web applications.
- Modernizr for making websites compatible across browsers.
These libraries and frameworks are often themselves extended by additional libraries. A popular example is jQuery UI, which is built on top of jQuery.
Beyond Client Side Scripting